Winter is officially here! While we generally take a break from farming during this season and instead use the time to rebuild and replenish the soil, as well as spend a little extra time in the kitchen on preserving, fermenting, and curing projects, many hardworking, dedicated farmers are still doing their good work this time of year.
If you, as we are, are obsessed with eating as fresh and in-season as possible, we’ve compiled a list of markets that operate through the off-season in Sonoma County:
- Sonoma Farmers’ Market Fridays, 9 am-12:30 pm Arnold Field at First St. West, Sonoma
- Rohnert Park Farmers’ Market Fridays 1 pm- 5 pm 500 City Center Ave (Library), Rhonert Park
- Santa Rosa Original Market Wednesday & Saturday 8:30-1 Wells Fargo Center
- Santa Rosa Community Market Wednesday 9-1 & Saturday 8:30-1 Veterans’ Building
- Oakmont Farmers Market Saturdays 9-12 Oakmont Drive & White Oak
- Sebastopol Market Sunday 10-1:30 Weeks Way & Petaluma Street
- Petaluma East Side Market Tuesday 10-1:30 320 North McDowell
- Green String Farm Daily 10-5 3571 Old Adobe Road, Petaluma
- Laguna Farm Open to the Public Fridays 10-3 1764 Cooper Road, Sebastopol
- What’s Up Farm Sunday, Monday & Friday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. 385 Mark West Springs Rd, Santa Rosa
- Tierra Vegetables Farm Stand Thursday-Friday 10-6, Saturday 10-4, Sunday 10-4 Airport Blvd & Highway 101, Santa Rosa
With the New Year upon us, it’s the perfect time to start those healthy (maybe just delicious?) resolutions with a trip to visit your local farmers.
Be sure to check our recipe section for seasonal inspiration!