Our figfood line of condiments came to life as a way for our restaurant guests to take home a little of the “fig love” from our kitchens.
Now a complete assortment of goodies ranging from house-made shrubs to confits and chutneys are available outside our little sphere; and frequently, recipients of gifted “figfood” items will write and ask what to do with it.
If you’ve recently purchased or received of a gift of Dried Fig Compote, here is a collection of recipes and serving suggestions to enjoy!
- Our first, go-to suggestion would be to pair it with any soft, ripe cheese. One idea is to spread on top of a brie wheel and bake until soft. This sweet and savory mix is always a great pairing.
- Enjoy it with a gruyere and arugula breakfast sandwich.
- Emulsified to create a nice fig, pecan vinaigrette to top off an herb salad flatbread.
- Stuff a pork loin or chicken breast to create a rich, savory dish you won’t soon forget!
- Pair with roasted onions for a tasty appetizer.
- On a Crostini with Prosciutto and Goat Cheese.
- Create a rosemary cheese spread to serve at your next gathering.
- Reduced to enjoy prosciutto cheese skewers on arugula with balsamic fig glaze.
- Spread on french toast, fresh bagels, or pancakes for the perfect amount of sweetness, complexity and hint of spice. You just took breakfast to the next level.
- Stirred into cold chicken salad for a little something special.
- Accompanied by ricotta and honey on a nicely crusted bread makes for a great breakfast or snack!
- Spread over a roasted-eggplant & grilled goat cheese sandwich.
- As a condiment to any roast meat dish, especially pork or game.
- In a fabulous curried rice salad for lunch or dinner.
- On any show-stopping cheese tray you can imagine. Inspiration here.
- Warmed and drizzled over ice cream.
- Double yum – make that goat cheese & honey ice cream yourself!
- Summer indulgence: CRAZY gorgeous Balsamic Fig Roasted Tomato & Burrata Cheese Tarts. Trust us.
- Stirred into cake batter for layers of subtle flavor and beautiful textures.
- Sweeten up your oatmeal with a dollop!
Do you have a favorite use for dried fig compote? Leave us a note!!