Our figfood line of condiments came to life as a way for our restaurant guests to take home a little of the “fig love” from our kitchens.
Now a complete assortment of goodies ranging from house-made shrubs to confits and chutneys are available outside our little sphere; and frequently, recipients of gifted “figfood” items will write and ask what to do with it.
If you’ve recently purchased or received of a gift of fig balsamic vinegar here is a collection of recipes and serving suggestions to enjoy!
- Beautiful flavors for a glaze
- Warmed and poured over vanilla ice cream
- Made into a fig balsamic jam
- Served with warm bread and a good quality olive oil
- Great for a marinade for chicken
- Perfect for a balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Make a fig vinaigrette for a Cranberry spinach salad
- Perfect for drizzling on strawberries for a sweet snack
- Serve over goat cheese for a beautiful goat cheese and fruit platter
- Have a light dinner of tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella drizzled with fig balsamic vinegar
- For more elegant dinner sweet potato gnocchi with balsamic-sage brown butter (substitute fig balsamic for regular)
- Drizzled over baked asparagus
- Impress your guests with these amazing dark chocolate truffles (substitute fig balsamic for regular)
- Seared scallops with a balsamic fig glaze
- Drizzled over roasted brussel sprouts
- As a reduction in eggplant ravioli
- Make delicious homemade balsamic fig ice cream (substitute fig balsamic for regular)
- A new take on the traditional Old Fashioned
- To sweeten up your risotto, try this Strawberry risotto with fig balsamic vinegar
- In a light dessert, like this mascarpone mouse with a fig balsamic caramel
Do you have a favorite use for fig balsamic vinegar? Leave us a note!!