Photo Source: dailyfoodfill
- 3/4 cup ricotta (drained for 24 hours, see below)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ripe peaches, halved
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 6 tablespoons high quality balsamic
- 3 ounces very thinly sliced bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Maldon Salt
Take 1 cup of ricotta, place in cheesecloth and hang in a cool place (in the refrigerator with a bowl underneath works well) overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the almonds on sheet tray and cook until lightly browned. Immediately pull the almonds from the oven, place in a small bowl and toss with the pepper and sugar. Place the almonds back on the sheet tray and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Preheat a grill on high.
Toss the peach halves in a bowl with olive oil and season lightly. Grill the peaches on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly charred and warmed through.
Cut the 6 peach halves into smaller pieces, then equally divide all the peaches into 6 bowls. Equally divide the ricotta and almonds over the peaches.
Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top, and garnish with parsley, bacon and Maldon salt.