Our figfood line of condiments came to life as a way for our restaurant guests to take home a little of the “fig love” from our kitchens.
Now a complete assortment of goodies ranging from house-made shrubs to confits and chutneys are available outside our little sphere; and frequently, recipients of gifted “figfood” items will write and ask what to do with it.
If you’ve recently purchased or received of a gift of Fig Caramel here is a collection of recipes and serving suggestions to enjoy!
- Eating it right out of the jar with a spoon is always a great idea.
- Pour over ice cream and top it off with almonds and freeze to create an amazing dessert!
- Serve with mini chocolate melting cakes for a combination that’ll make your taste buds sing!
- Served alongside roasted peaches for a summer treat.
- Drizzled on apple pie bars to add that extra something savory and sweet to your streusel dreams.
- Topped on mini cheesecakes.
- Layered with cheesecake, and salt to create a perfect party shooter.
- Mixed with rum to create a delicious mini banana foster dessert!
- Served on crackers with brie.
- Sandwiched between two macaroons.
- Drizzled on a hot mocha latte.
- On top of a freshly warmed slice of apple pie. Mmmmm….
- Folded into banana bread.
- Heated and drizzled on popcorn – movie night deliciousness!
- Poured over banana french toast for a breakfast you will want everyday. And really, why not?
- In the center of cookie dough before baking for a gooey surprise!
- Drizzled over cream puffs to create a Croquembouche.
- Poured on pancakes to add a little more sweetness to breakfast
- Mixed in with a variety of cake batters to create desserts you’ll always want to make!
- Paired with chocolate for chocolate and caramel dipped bananas.
Do you have a favorite use for fig caramel? Leave us a note!!